So for each Tuesday I plan to pack the train set away, turn the board over and set the table up with some themed items to attract Little boy Blue to come and spend some time. Last Tuesday was our first Toddle Table Tuesday, this was how the table looked for the start of Little Boy Blues day.
Our theme was Jungle animals and for this I used:
1. My First Counting Animals Puzzle by M&S (10 animal, 2 piece puzzle with touchable textures)
2. A selection of toy jungle animals (including finger/hand puppets)
3. Books - Little Tigers big surprise by Julie Sykes, Animal Noises board book, Jungle Animals board book by Parragon Books, Baby Animals board book, Animals by My little pocket library and Handa's Surprise by Eileen Browne (with DVD).
4. Spin and Learn Globe from Vtech.
5. Animal Snap cards (I took out 2 cards of each animal, set out 1 of each them had the others in a pile for Little Boy Blue to match)
6. ABC Frame (to discuss starting sounds of jungle animals)
Having the toddle table time gives Little Boy Blue the freedom he seems to need to move around but also has plenty of variety to keep him engaged. It worked well for us and we were all able to participate too.
I hope to make Toddle Table Tuesday a regular post so remember to check in next week.