1 Cup Rolled Oats (I always have some Ready Brek in the cupboard so use it)
1 Cup Plain Flour
Put all the dry ingredients in to a mixing bowl, slowly mix in cold water till you get a desired dough consistency. Keep some plain flour around to dust with if it gets too sticky.
What I do is bring Little Boy Blues play table and chair into the kitchen (away from the cooker) and let him play with the dough, cutters, plastic toys & kitchen utensils (anything safe & washable) while I'm busy cooking. Little Boy Blue thinks he is helping, I can keep an eye on him and if he puts any of it in his mouth it wont make him ill!
Once your done it can be put in the rubbish. If you didn't want to waste anything you could make a cookie dough instead & cook it. Here is our oat cookie recipe:
50g caster sugar
100g rolled oats
50g plain flour
1. Pre heat oven at 170c and grease a baking tray.
2. In a bowl cream the butter & sugar together.
3. Add oats and flour, knead untill smooth.
(let your little one do the kneading & play with the mix)
4. Roll out thin & cut out with cookie cutters. (another job for your little one) You can also add nuts, choc chips or raisins.
5. Bake for approx 20 mins or untill lightly golden.
Hope you enjoy!